HECK YEAH!! mega MTS

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
I have been searching and searching and searching craigslist for a deal since I found out my 50G hex didn't seal right.

Well last night I came across a deal I couldn’t refuse. A genuine truvu 55G w/rounded edges acrylic tank with a stand and a light for $75 last night. So I drove about an hour in traffic and picked it up.

**dances**hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog!**dances**

When I got there the lady had it filled up for me so I could see there were no cracks or leaks or anything but when I got it home and looked at it this morning, there were a bunch of small scratches on the outside and inside of the tank. It looked really clear last night, but it was kinda dark and I just had a patio light to see it.

I went onto tap plastics website and they have plexi polish with three different kind of grades. I'm going to try that on the outside of the tank, but is there a way I can get rid of the scratches inside tank without the use of chemicals? It kinda makes it look like the plexi is foggy when there is no water in it, but when the water is in it, it looks clear.

Oh and what is the best way to clean out anything that was in the tank before. I used a 5% bleach solution with glass tanks but I have never cleaned out an acrylic tank. Would that work, or should I use something else? There is no silicone on the seams of the plexi, it looks like the edges were melted together or something. I don’t want to use something that will screw up the seal of the tank.

I'm goning to try to clean it up tonight and take a pic and start a worklog.

Thanks for the help guys/gals! *celebrate