HELLLPPPP!!!!!

Davy

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
Adding an airstone would be a good idea. Feeding less than normal might help keep the tank a little cleaner for the time being. Maybe do some small water changes?

Did you take the filter all the way apart and clean everything? I thought my filter crapped out but a very good cleaning brought it back to life. :)

Kuroshio

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2005
washington
Visit site
(I am assuming you have an HOB) As Davy suggests, take the entire thing apart, impeller and all, clean all (some require a little scrubbing) this type of cleaning should be done atleast annually to keep parts in good repair and ensure a long life. Make sure that the impeller is securely in place and all parts are properly put back. This is vital. You should be able to move the impeller on the shaft before putting it back in. If it doesn't move then play with it a while. It's pretty hard to brake something just by cleaning it. Good luck...

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I agree...most of my filters will decide to stop working from time to time...usually just taking them apart and putting them back together a couple times will make it start working again.

In answer to your question though...yes I'd stick an airstone in there at least, Just not feed at all or a TINY bit until you get a filter on there...keep your filter media wet with tank water...do water changes as often as possible...like keep a cup nearby and change some a few times throughout the day.

Hopefully you'll be able to get that filter working again!