Hello and good day!

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Just want to say hello. Just found this site and it looks like a really fun place. I might just have to stay a wile! I've been into this hobby for quite some time, and I am currently working with or spawning several species of fish and inverts.

I look forward to learning and providing any information I can.

*celebrate

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Him;)

Wow you guys are fast, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes those are my plecs. Still looking to add more to my collection.:D But not too many more or the Mrs is gonna have my head. LOL!

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Sorry for the confusion TLM. Yes the l numbers are different plecs. Plecs are given L numbers when discovered instead of scientific names due to the rate and amount that they are currently being discovered in the wild.

As they are researched and properly IDed they are then give scientific names. However the L numbers have been used so much I doubt that they will ever be disassociated from that particular fish, and to add to the confusion. Sometimes the same species can have many different L numbers assigned to it depending on what location they have been discovered.

As far as my tanks go, I didn't want to eat up band width listing them in my sig. Lets just say I'm at 27 tanks pushing 800 gallons total.

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
oooooooooooooook lol never seen a number assigned to a fish before..but then there are lots of things I freely admit I dont know LOL WOW 27 tanks????? You got any pics of your "fish room" to share??? lol

Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Shaunna said:
what is this band width I keep reading about?
Bandwidth is the amount of data flowing up or down a network or router connection (i.e. the internet). The more bandwidth traveling between two destinations (your comp. and a server), the faster the server's CPU has to be to calculate data transfer and decide where each packet has to go, and the more RAM (random access memory) the server will need to aide the CPU. Basically, the more bandwidth traveling on one line, the more money you have to spend to cope with the demands.