Hello Fish Freaks!!

Danimal

Medium Fish
May 15, 2004
SE Wisconsin
bakermedia.com
Hello Fish Freaks!!(updated with new pics)

Very nice place you got here! Now where's the fridge? I'm very new to this addiction we call fish and i can tell you the addiction has got me good! I'll be hangin' around quite a bit gathering knowledge so I don't ruin everything I have. Here is a pic of my first attempt at a tank... It's 55 gallon with no live plants. (That's my next venture)
I know it's not the best picture... bare with me...

55 Gallon

8 Tiger Barbs
3 Tetras
2 Blue Gouramis
2 Gold Gouramis
2 Cories
1 Pleco
1 Irradescent Shark
1 Betta

Large Piece of Driftwood
Various Artificial Plants
Various Sized Rocks and Slate
Old Pottery

Last edited:

Danimal

Medium Fish
May 15, 2004
SE Wisconsin
bakermedia.com
Yeah plus he's flat out stupid. Always runnin' into the glass at full speed and freaks out anytime anything comes near him. The sad part is that my LFS wasn't very responsible when they sold it to me. They never asked how big my tank was or told me how big he would get. I take part of the blame myself for not researching, hence the reason I am now here. Thanks Lotus

Danimal

Medium Fish
May 15, 2004
SE Wisconsin
bakermedia.com
Thanks Flex! Since I am using artificial plants, it was very important to me to try and get a natural look. The tank is only about 2-3 months old so I'm pretty new to this stuff. Can't wait to get rollin' on my planted tank!!

TaffyFish

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2003
Visit site
I really like the look of your tank, fantastic job. The driftwood piece is very striking. If you're after a natural look why did you stick in that flower pot? It's the only thing that jars my senses, particularly as it's so central so I would ditch the pot and add more slate caves.

Danimal

Medium Fish
May 15, 2004
SE Wisconsin
bakermedia.com
Thanks TaffyFish! My wife has that same suggestion. I'm kind of leaning that way myself. I ran out of slate and plants so I just stuffed that pottery in there. Thanks for the feedback. You've settled it. I need to get more rocks or slate.