Hello From Michigan

Bryon

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2007
Michigan
I didn't see this forum so I did my into in my first thread but in case you don't want to see my thread I'll do it here.

My names Bryon, I'm a student at Michigan and I've kept many tanks over the last few years.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
YEAH, thats 1 more of us Michiganders... ya know, we're going to take over here soon, you Californians better watch out! :D

I never find local people who ACTUALLY know what they are doing. I'll have to add you to the list of possible transactions. I am ALWAYS buying/selling/trading something.

Welcome to the tank!

Bryon

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2007
Michigan
VirgoWolf said:
YEAH, thats 1 more of us Michiganders... ya know, we're going to take over here soon, you Californians better watch out! :D

I never find local people who ACTUALLY know what they are doing. I'll have to add you to the list of possible transactions. I am ALWAYS buying/selling/trading something.

Welcome to the tank!
IF you know anywhere that I could get dwarf Corries let me know. I've been looking for then for about a year.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everybody.

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
Welcome, Bryon!!

I also had been looking for dwarf cories with no luck. I was even told by an owner of a lfs that there's no such thing. When I gave him the full name, he hung up on me! I stopped looking though because I was told by someone on this site that they're not quite the bottom feeders of other cories and hang out mid level. They are cute though!

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
VirgoWolf said:

Welcome to the tank!

Watch your tongue virgo... i am a michigander but have the pleasure of being stationed in warm sunny san diego california... so i must support the californians also.

But i do support my U of M team OH YEAH!!! bring the wolverines baby... my favorite college team ever...

Welcome to the tank bryon

SO i take it your in ann arbor then? Where from originally?

Bryon

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2007
Michigan
Grumpy_Marine said:
Watch your tongue virgo... i am a michigander but have the pleasure of being stationed in warm sunny san diego california... so i must support the californians also.

But i do support my U of M team OH YEAH!!! bring the wolverines baby... my favorite college team ever...

Welcome to the tank bryon

SO i take it your in ann arbor then? Where from originally?
I am in Ann Arbor, born here too but raised just out side of Detroit

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
i grew up in kalamazoo till i joined marines... now i live everywhere except there...lol Don't think i am going back when done with service probably live in virginia when all done. What type of dwarf cories? I have lots of LFS down here i will go looking today while i look for new dojo loach i lost this week.

Bryon

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2007
Michigan
Grumpy_Marine said:
i grew up in kalamazoo till i joined marines... now i live everywhere except there...lol Don't think i am going back when done with service probably live in virginia when all done. What type of dwarf cories? I have lots of LFS down here i will go looking today while i look for new dojo loach i lost this week.
The Pygmy Cory Cats, can't seam to find them anywhere.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
LOL Grumpy. I just can't believe when I see other people up here that share the hobby, everyone thinks I'm nuts when I talk about fish or when they see my tanks LOL.

Hubby grew up in Ypsi, me in Pontiac, we lived in Canton for a while there, I'm sure we've crossed paths before LOL.

I'll let you know if I run into some dwarf cories. Have you tried Pet Station on Telegraph in Dearborn? They get some nice stuff in, expecially cichlids, but they have a good selection. There is also Fish Doctors on Lilly in Canton, I got my Red Fin Royal Pleco there, they have zebra otos sometimes, so they might get them in. Don't ask them to try to get something in for you though, they never follow up.