Hello, new to fishkeeping

aquabat

Small Fish
Oct 9, 2005
Pacific NW
Hi all, my name is Dani and i've developed a new found addiction to aquariums :p

It started with a little 5 gallon, which is now happily housing 2 fancy guppies, 2 ghost shrimp, a little banana plant (that's what the LFS guy told me), african lace, java fern and what i believe is duckweed. The duckweed hitched a ride with the java fern. It's a lowlight tank, since it's one of those "all inclusive" kind of tanks, and the temp stays between 70-75 without the heater on.

Now, i'm working on getting my 35 hex marine tank started and i have just about everything but the lights. i'm gonna have to save my pennies for them. Then i'll move onto the task of saving up for my liverock.....one step at a time.

i look forward to reading about everyone's tanks!*BOUNCINGS

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Hi and welcome. My name is Shaunna and I am new also. You seem to be much more advanced than I, though! Well, I am just starting a freshwater and am going about it all wrong so I won't be much help to you however I would like to eventually start a SW so I look forward to hearing about your progress and learning from your experiences with it. Good luck

aquabat

Small Fish
Oct 9, 2005
Pacific NW
lol thanks for the welcome Shaunna! i'm not really that advanced, i just have some great LFS! i walk in and tell them what i have, and they send me home with some great products and animals. :)

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Your lucky all I have is Wal-Mart!!! I am planning on going to Columbus though to see what they have as far as more "delicate" fish. I am very interested in Buffalo Head Cichlids.