Hello Yup we're new too

KimandRob

Large Fish
Aug 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
Hi,

We are new to the community. My husband and I are avid fish lovers and while surfing the web recently we found this site. You guys have some really beautiful tanks. We tried to share a picture of one of ours in "Rate my tank (freshwater)" with a post called "Our Family."

I started out with a saltwater tank about a year and half ago. It did really well for awhile, but when I bought a Coral Beauty (and she was beautiful too) with ick I lost it all. I didn't give up all hope. I converted my tank to a less expensive, but just as rewarding, freshwater community. My husband was raised around tanks, but I had never had one, so his expertise was a lot of help.

Our 20 gallon freshwater tank started with two Irredescent Sharks and a Pleco. We had an albino-Todd and a silver/grey-Jack (the one eyed fish who has a great survival story that someday I shall share). So for a little over a year now we have learned a lot and our tanks and love for them have grown. Now we have 3 tanks and about 25 fish, all of which are named.

So that's how we got here. Thanks for having us. :p

MarkRW89

Large Fish
Aug 8, 2003
West Midlands, UK
Visit site
Welcome to the tank-sorry about your loach, I used to have a pair but unfortunately they died two years back. A lot of people will say this but check your water and you might find the problem (e.g sudden nitrate build up). And weatherloaches prefer cooler tanks so it might be the temp that finally caught up with him (though mine were OK at 23C)