Hello!

jclark

Small Fish
Oct 8, 2008
TN
Hey guys, thought I would introduce myself.

I got into freshwater aquariums about 6 months ago, although I have wanted to for a long time. It is my daughters fault I have become obsessed with fish!! I took her to the fair and she begged me to win her a goldfish at one of the booths. So after $8 worth of trying, I finally won (a 12 cent goldfish), but I had a happy little 4 year old princess. After we left we hit Walmart for a goldfish bowl.... ended up with a 10 gal aquarium. A month later she has 6 goldfish, 2 African Dwarf Frogs and an algae eater. Then Daddy got a used 55 gallon. Just bought my son a little 10 gallon for his room that I have to start cycling this weekend and figure out what we are going to put in there.

The 55 gal has : 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Zebra Danios, 13 Neon Tetras, 3 Bala Sharks, 1 Pleco and 2 African Dwarf Frogs

Hopefully after the holidays I am going to get a bigger tank too. The Balas and Pleco will go in there. <--- If my wife doesn't divorce me first :)

I have enjoyed reading through your forums and have learned a lot from you guys. It's kind of hard for me since the only stores that I can get my fix from are Petco and PetSmart. All the LFS's went out of business in the town I live in, so expert advise is pretty nil.

It's kind of hard for me since the only stores that I can get my fix from are Petco and PetSmart. All the LFS's went out of business in the town I live in, so expert advise is pretty nil.
Exactly my problem! We only have Petco, Petsmart, and Pets Inc. (that's too far away) here...the other stores all closed before I got addicted. :(

Welcome to the tank! *GOLDFISH*

jclark

Small Fish
Oct 8, 2008
TN
Exactly my problem! We only have Petco, Petsmart, and Pets Inc. (that's too far away) here...the other stores all closed before I got addicted. :(
Yeah there were 2 really nice ones in my area that I had always meant to check out, then I bought a tank and find out they both closed!!

Has anyone ever bought fish online and had them delivered? I see a lot of sites that offer delivery, that makes me nervous. Don't want to open my mailbox and find a dead fish in a box :)

Sep 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
Yeah there were 2 really nice ones in my area that I had always meant to check out, then I bought a tank and find out they both closed!!

Has anyone ever bought fish online and had them delivered? I see a lot of sites that offer delivery, that makes me nervous. Don't want to open my mailbox and find a dead fish in a box :)
Haha that would suck. I've never done it, but I read people doing it here and it works out fine.