HELP BETTA IN TROUBLE>>>>>:(

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ok i have this female betta in the tank listed below and today she is jsut sitting in the corner of my tank and like wont move to eat of if i like tap on the galss she just wont move help what do i do!:confused:

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ummm all my stats are fine in my tank i feed the whoel tank twice a day. Maybe a little bloated but nothing to severe she was just spinnign around in a circle in the current so i went to get the net because i assumed she had died but once i caught her she swam noramlly fo ra awhile and now isnt really moving again. Is it possible she is sleeping?

Nov 15, 2004
St. Catharines, Ont.
Visit site
do you have a hospital/qt tank? try separating her into that, and acclimate her using part of the water from your tank and some fresh treated water. you can add a tiny bit of aquarium salt, as well as bettafix [basically watered down melafix, so it's not too strong for them] to see if that perks her up.
she might just be stressed -- in my experience tetras and bettas aren't that great a combination, but usually that's for males.
just try the qt/hospital tank. if you don't have one, you can probably get a critter keeper at your local pet store for a few bucks. up here in canada they're like, $6