[Help] - Eggs.

Apr 14, 2009
Hello all here at "Myfishtank.net" I found this place via "Google" while searching about "Green looking eggs" So this my Hello thread aswell, So hello Im OrbiTrac. :cool:

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place and or has been asked before (Im quite new to forums)

Anyway, Im here as im not new to fish tank setup or looknig after fish i have had fish for about 6 months now, So i know how look after my little fishy xD

Anyway unpon a week and a half ago i noticed one of my female guipes had gotten really "fat" which is a mystery as i got all my females from a female tank in a shop. So im guessing one of them was allready pregnent. So she is now in a breeding cage a rather large one so not to stress her on space. But thats not the reason im here... So why im tellnig you that i have no clue xD

Yerterday morning i went up to my local fish shop to buy some more botton feeders (Cories, Sorry for spelling, and a plec) Since i already had 2 Cories as it was but thought i would buy some more to help clean botton if tank. Even though i keep it rather clean anyway.
Anyway i braught them home and did the normal things needed to bring new fish onto a new tank. and this morning I noticed some green looking(ish) Eggs on my glass wall of my tank.

Here is an image from my phone (Sorry for quility)

Note i have bronze looking cories Not sure if that makes a difference.

At first i freaked thinking ahhh crap its snails eggs that where on the new fish i baught BUT
I did my research and found out from what i have been reading that it could be cori eggs, and would like to just clarify this.

So the two coris i got could have been a female and already had the eggs OR the two cori's i already had have been donig the naughty... lol

Thanks for reading and any help.

Last edited:
Yup, looks like your cories have been busy! If you read through this thread, you'll have everything you need to breed them if you want: http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/breeding/54354-breeding-cories.html

You've got quite a lot of eggs there and it's a lot of fun to breed them. Give it a try if you want. :)

And welcome to the site!! :D

Edit: just noticed you said you bought a pleco. You're probably in the time frame where you can still return him. Common plecos (most commonly sold at chain stores) can get over 12 inches in length. Probably not so great for your tank.