HELP.....Fat fish

Feb 22, 2003
Canada
Visit site
My female betta has gotten extremely fat, almost like shes pregnant but bigger. I'm worried cause she is a little less active. She hids inside the plant pot for the most part with her face against the back. I'm not sure what to do I think she is extremely egg baren but don't know how to fix it. I do have a male but don't have the time to raise babies or even to supervise them to just get the eggs out of her to just remove them from the father...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Oh ya she is still coming out to eat so I know she's getting food

sphed

Large Fish
Feb 14, 2007
your fish is probably bloated or constipated. Try peas or epsom salt, they are both safe laxatives for fish.

Feb 22, 2003
Canada
Visit site
She doesn't have dropsy I've had fish with that I know what it is but I never thought of her being constipated...she is only fat in the stomach area, I will get a pic later today and post it...How would I go about feeding her a pea???do I crsh it and drop it in or do I put it in whole???I have 7 female in there so I would have to put enough so that she gets some. As for the epsom salt how would I do that???I have the stuff that I bought for putting in the tub, is that safe......Please give me instructions for both and I will decide....Oh ya it's a 10g if that helps any for the salt part...Thanks guys