Help... Gourami turning black...

lian

New Fish
May 7, 2004
Visit site
Hello everyone.. Please help!! I think this is the right place to post this message instead of on the general disucssion area.

I have a honey gourami and 2 dwarf gourami in a 20 gallon. Tested the water and it looks good. But my honey gourami fin and tail is turning black and the other 2 dwarf gourami is turning darker too. Any idea what's wrong???
I'm feeding them flarks and worms.

Also my betta which I kept in another tank (by himself) is slowing losing his tail. the water looks good...I'm feeding him beta food.

Help!!
:(

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Sometimes fish change color from stress...has the temperature of the tank been fluxuating lately? How long have you had these gourami?

Aside from changing colors...are they still eating well? are they still acting normal?

lian

New Fish
May 7, 2004
Visit site
They are eating well but fighting lots lately. Chasing each other around and the Honey one is becoming pretty aggressive. The drawf ones seems to have brown spots and the honey one turned darker and have black tail instead of white.

The temp is the same about 80F and I have them for about 1 month.

Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by lian
They are eating well but fighting lots lately. Chasing each other around and the Honey one is becoming pretty aggressive. The drawf ones seems to have brown spots and the honey one turned darker and have black tail instead of white.

The temp is the same about 80F and I have them for about 1 month.
oh ya, it's stress. I would find another home for the aggressive one, another tank of yours or your lps or lfs:(

Keep in mind that males of ANY dwarf gourami species or colour variety will fight to the bitter end. This rule may also apply to anyother Anbantoid

Last edited:

lian

New Fish
May 7, 2004
Visit site
Thanks lots. I will bring it back to the store (if they take it). It is getting really stressful for me to see them fight. I tried to move him into my 50 g tank (with some schooling fish and a gold gourami), he try to fight with him too..