Help Having Some Trouble With Water Set Up

sdave

Small Fish
Jan 14, 2008
Hi New Hear J Have 72 Gallon Bowed Front Tank And Having Trouble With Dropping My Ph While Away At Work Today Came Home To Find White Cloudy Things Stuck On Some Of The Tank Deco What Could This Be And How Can I Fix The Problem And There Is No Fish As Of Yet In Tank Thanbks Any Help Woul Be Apreciated Thanks Dave

d3sc3n7

Superstar Fish
Nov 21, 2007
Ft. Campbell, Ky
www.d3sc3n7.com
Well, sorry...I'm not sure what that is. However, that is a fantastic tank! I love it being in the wall, and viewable from both sides. My question is, how do you get in to maintain it? I love the stream you have in there. Sorry I cant be much help.

sdave

Small Fish
Jan 14, 2008
Sorry I Am Very New With The Terminoligy Never Had A Tank This Big 20gl Never Had Any Trouble Fish Did Well Did Not Play With Water Levels. This Tank I Just Set Up 1 Week And Half Now Brought Water Sample To Lps Was Told Ph Level To High Used Api Ph Test&adjust Kit Cant Seem To Get Ph Down Seems Like It Stays At 7.6 Maybe 7.4 Hard To Tell While I Was In The Process Of Lowring Today This White Stringy Stuff Apeared Hope It Not Major

sdave

Small Fish
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah Its Tricky The Pump Is Housed Under The Tank Via An Acess Door Behind My Breakfast Knook. My Kids Love It And Cant Wiat For The Fish. But There Is Plenty Of Room For Service When Lite And Tops Come Off Thanks I Am Glad You Like My Set Up Worked Bery Hard On It.

Dec 20, 2007
North Lousiana
Don't feel bad. I didn't know anything about cycling either when I set up my 10G. With Fish. And because of it I had quite a few casualties. RIP:(
In your case, you have no fish yet so you don't have to worry about fish loss. Some of the others here referred you to some cycling info? Have u figured it out?

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Welcome to the tank! Your tank looks very nice and will make a great fish home once you've got everything running smoothly! First thing you want to read up on is cycling your tank, there are several stickies in the forums, you can also take a look at the link in my signature for some more good information.

You also need to stop messing with your PH, no more ph chemicals, they will just mess with your tank. Stable PH is much more important than having a certain number.

sdave

Small Fish
Jan 14, 2008
Thanks On The Compliments Went To A Highly Recomended Aquarium Store By My Work And The Guy Tested My Water And Said It Was Ok Gave Me Some Bacteria To Help Tank And Some Dinos As Far As The Whitestuff There Is A Small Chance My 3 Year Old Who Loves Fish Tanks May Have Droped Somthing In Tank To Contaminate Water Cleaned Prior To Going To Pet Shop As Said Above Water Checked Ok
For Fish 2 Days Now And The Fish Seem To Like There New Suroundings The Guy At The Store Wants A Water Sample At The End Of The Week To Recheck While Post Then. Thanks For The Help Love The Site Motivated Me To Set Up My 20gallon Again Might Try Salt Water As For The Chance Of My Son Gettin At The Tank Again Its Been Made So No More Chances Can Be Taken Thanks Again Dave

Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
Salt water tanks are VERY expensive and can be VERY frustrating.. if you just decide that you want one...I would really do some hard core research first...buy tons of books ..and learn all the basics on fish keeping first..

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Can you possibly not capitalize Every Word When You Write? It makes it kind of difficult to read. Be wary of fish stores that tell you your water is "fine" and then sell you something. Sounds "fishy" to me. I suggest you purchase your own test kit and do the testing yourself. Post the results up here if you don't know what they mean.