Help help emergency!!!!!!!!

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
I just made a DIY CO2 maker and I ran into a problem. I accidentally spilled some of the solution into the tank. Is this bad. DO I need to start all over All I have is some plants. I need help!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to start all over. Please tell me if the tank is poisened!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
yah. just to be safe. i mean if you JUST made the DIY co2 then the solution hasnt had a chance to make alcohol yet, so there shouldnt be as much damaging effects to your bio filter...still make some water changes...

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
ok, i just had a bloom of what looked hair algea. I scraped it off the sides and most of the rocks, but there is still some on the gravel and lots on the plants. I transferred a couple of the plants to the five gallon to see if it would clear up in there. Would this be caused by the spill? Oh I'm so angry at myself, I should have used a bigger bottle so I didn't have to fill it up as much!!! :( Please help, I'm so worried. :(

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
Ok, over half of my plants were transferred to the five gallon, and I was surprised to find that the hair was off them a couple hours later. I finally caught my platy in the act of nipping algea of the leaves. Is this safe for him to be eating it?