Help identify my cichild PLEASE!!

Nov 13, 2013
image.jpg

I'm new to this website so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place.. Lol... Ok so I know I've heard not to buy from the assorted fish at petsmart because they might be hybrids. But I couldn't help my self I saw this fish and I had to have him! His so pretty but I just can't identify him. Any ideas? His mostly a grayish blue body with orange outline on his top fin. His not aggressive keeps to himself.

I would love to add a picture but I don't know how sorry!

Last edited:

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
use the image feature (the painting with a tree icon.) then select files from your PC desktop and upload the photo as an attachment. the photo must first be on your PC desktop for this to work.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
other then saying it is a peacock it's really hard to identify. there are so many natural kinds and hybrid species. I'm saying hundreds and some look very close to another. I'm going to say you are going to be lucky to find out exactly what it is.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
yeah ur right fishdad, i kinda looked at it pretty quick on my phone at work, that was my mistake. in any event a mystery mbuna/hybrid can be pretty hard to nail down since they so easily cross breed.