Help im having issues!

Nevo

New Fish
Oct 2, 2008
Hi everyone. I have a 115 L tank (not sure what that is in gallons sorry) I now have 9 neons a pleco a Krib and an Angel fish. My problem is they are slowley dieing off. The tank was already established and no new fish were added (it has been the same for about 1 year) There is no signs of fungus in the tank and the fish look healthy (no white spot or fin rot) I can figure out why they are dieing.. I have tested the water and it all seems fine. Please help!

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
Approximately how large is each neon, the pleco, krib, angel?

Your tank is approximately 30 gallons, and my first response is your tank may be overstocked which may be affecting their health.

By the water seeming fine, does that mean amonia = 0, nitrite = 0, nitrate no greater than 20-40?

LtGtR2

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2008
Take your water to be tested by the local fish store they will be able to give you an accurate read out of the water perimeters, and i agree with Mathew law, seems like your fish tank MIGHT be overstocked a little, 1icn of fish = 1 gallon of water. Otherwise AMMONIA will spike and that can kill your fish silently and slowly. (some times rapid if it is really high) anything over 1ppm for ammonia and nitrite are bad.... 40ppm plus for nitrate is bad as well..

Aug 4, 2008
OTS, Old tank syndrome ?? Do you do water changes? If so, how often? Should be doing ~10-15% weekly, or ~30% every other week.

What water tests are you doing? Please state them here. Should be testing weekly..
Ammonia (NH3/NH4)
Nitrite (NO2)
Nitrate (NO3)
PH
And KH/GH (water hardness)

Did you do anything recently to the tank? (new filter media? new water source)

Who has died, how "slow" is slow? Do they look healthy ? (up till they die.. *SICK* )

Sorry for the million questions. The more info you can provide the better people can help you.
\

OH, and forgot.. WELCOME to MFT!! Enjoy your stay, and hope you stick around.. Pictures of your tank would be nice!! (I'm a picture guy...) :D

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Need more specifics as was stated above. What type of water tests are you using? Sounds like a water issue off the bat. However, neons are pretty weak fish and tend to have a rough time staying alive even in established tanks.