help,im in big trouble!!!!

ok i noticed some of my fish scratching there stomachs against a rock in my tank.so i told my lfs.they said its ich.i told them fish didnt have white spots.they still told mi its ich.so i bought an ich medication.now i lost 3 fish.the rest of my fiish are getting reddish eyes and are getting what looks like blood blisters in there stomach.What happened

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
what are your water perameters? how often do you do water changes? Is the aquarium new? Did you use stress coat when you put them in or after any fish being in the net? Did you remember to take the carbon out of the filter after putting in the medication? Ich is fairly common and can be easy to treat, but it sounds like your dealing with some other type of parasite.

Jul 6, 2004
Massachusetts
Visit site
Sounds like some sort of bacterial or parasitic infection.

Check out this website: http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html and see if anything looks familiar.

Definately do some water changes, and look for a medication that would treat both bacterial and parasitic infections (I'm pretty sure that most parasite medications do, like this one).

At least, that's my advice.

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
I would recommend using Clout, I've been using it to treat my betta's flukes (a gill parasite) and it cleared him up in days. Now he is recovering and beginning to heal :) But, definitely do some google searches for betta diseases or betta illnesses, you will find tons of info, pictures, recommended treatments, etc...hope your fishies get better

Jan 29, 2006
bradford,NH
pigs_fly said:
I would recommend using Clout, I've been using it to treat my betta's flukes (a gill parasite) and it cleared him up in days. Now he is recovering and beginning to heal :) But, definitely do some google searches for betta diseases or betta illnesses, you will find tons of info, pictures, recommended treatments, etc...hope your fishies get better
i dont think he has a betta, at least i didnt read that...

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
well true, but y LFS told me that clout works for all tropical fish...thats the only reason I recommended it, its what they use on their tanks at the store

Aug 28, 2005
Missouri, USA
Plenty of links above to help with understanding what happened. As for the scratching on the rocks, that's classic stressed behavior. Not seeing any other info on it, I'd say check your loading and filter capacity. Usually what you describe is seen in overstocked or poorly maintained tanks.