help in identifying stuff on my live rock

klm

Small Fish
Apr 20, 2009
I added some live rock into my tank last week and all kinds of stuff is starting to spring up. I'm new with salt water and I have no idea what any of it is, if it should come out or not. If anyone knows what any of it it please let me know, Thanks!

the second pic. it's really hard to see, it is right to the left of the tiny white pebbles, it has little fingers that are almost clear with white tips, i'm pretty sure it closes up.

Attachments

klm

Small Fish
Apr 20, 2009
the third pic. i'm wondering about the little grey tube thing up in the front of the picture. (not the snail)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
no that will cause it to spread. You need to get some Joe's Juice or lemon juice with a hypo without the needle on it and squirt some into the mouth or dead center ....it will close up over the paste or juice and shrivel up.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
no that will cause it to spread. You need to get some Joe's Juice or lemon juice with a hypo without the needle on it and squirt some into the mouth or dead center ....it will close up over the paste or juice and shrivel up.
Hmmm I've never tried lemon juice without a needle I use a needle and inject in the side of the stalk. I'll have to try that next time. Joe's Juice can solidify in the injector they give you which is a pain.

klm

Small Fish
Apr 20, 2009
well I already cut it out with a sharp knife before I read this. It was not easy to get it out, once I had it out I scraped the area pretty good, we'll see what happens.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
usually cutting or scraping will cause every little piece and even some you can't see to spread throughout your tank and take root where ever it lands. Be on the lookout for new ones and be prepared to juice them.

Joes juice is really nothing more than kalk paste, and it will solidify in the injector if it isn't mixed enough or not washed out thoroughly. If it is blocked some boiling water will take care of it.....

klm

Small Fish
Apr 20, 2009
well i don't know if it makes a difference I took the rock out and did this under the kitchen sink then rinsed the rock pretty good. It was pretty hard to get it all scraped out. It shriveled up and the bottom half was gooey and stuck to the rock pretty good. I'll just have to keep a close eye out for any new growth.