!HELP!!! IS MY CLOWN DYING!

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
OK i noticed my clown swimming weird:eek: but now he is just sitting in the sand and will swim up to the top and drift back down that's wrong???? he was doing real good yesterday now he just acting weird help i don't wanna lose him.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

i tested my stuff everything seems to be in the green but my ph is the only thing it's around 8.0 i think it was but i double that is why he'd be acting like this please anyone help...

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
new lighting can stress fish, especially if it is significantly brighter than the last set up...it is best to ween them onto it doing only a few hours a day and building up from there...not that this was the sole reason for his death, but lighting can have an affect.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
yea i kinda lowered my lighting from 12 hours of my old lighting to 6 hours yesterday and it was only 2 today when i seen him acting up and then i turned the lights off but i looked at him and he looks clean there really wasn't anything on him from what i seen but thx I'm still sad that he died but oh well it's the way of life i guess...

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
yea... thx... my other fish seem to be doing good the only thing i have seen is when the lights turn on they hide for a minute then go back to whatever they were doing. my yellow tail damselfish looks cool under the new lights i need to get some pic's or a video of my tank so you guys can see it

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
You didn't have him very long did you? Where did you get him? There has been a few wild caught clowns that die from Brooklynella.....aka clown disease. This isn't usually that common among captive bred ..... look it up at wet webmedia and see if the symptoms are similar. You were having trouble getting him eating weren't you?

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
yea i never really got him to eat even with mysis i'll check it out i bought him at a SW fish store Living in color i beleave i'll check because he wasn't shy like i thought he'd be i mean i was trying to hand feed him and he'd swim right up into my hand and i was petting him the one day he wasn't scard of me kinda weird but i did only have him for a week

BTW the video is working kinda chopy

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Is that a long 20 gallon. The rock work is awesome. I wish I could be so creative. My live rock is just lying around on the sand. Do you have an airstone running in it? If only the clip was clear enough. Your tank looks awesome. Not topped of though. Finally had a little preview of the tank.

edit: I can't see clearly but have you added other decorative items to the tank other then the live rock?If not then for 12 LBS you got a lot of rock. Which means I did not get the good porus live rock.

Last edited: