help me decide!!

jceli728

Small Fish
Oct 7, 2005
hopatcong, nj
first let me thank everyone here, there is alot of usefull information here that has help me with my setup. Now i finally got some $$ for my skimmer. but i'm undecided between the turboflotor 1000 multi and the remora hang-on. please help me decide. here are the facts:

72g tank
20g DIY refugium with mag 9.5
40lbs of live rock(will be adding another 40 in a few weeks)

the skimmer must be able to setup outside of the refugium or hang-on. the hight of the refugium is 12.5".

don't think i haven't done my reading here in the forums, i have done searches and most people prefer the remora skimmer. but i haven't found many people using the t1000, but is a 5 star rated as the remora. in marine depot website.

now my question is, will the remora will be enough since i have 72g on main and 20 in refugium. and the remora is rated for 75g unless i go with the remora pro. and the t1000 is rated for 50-225 galons.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I like them both, I have a TF t1000 multi on my 90, hanging on the sump, and a remora on my 40....I don't think I would trust just the remora on a 75....the T1000 is a great skimmer, but needs to be tweaked fairly often to function to its full potential. the remora is easy, but a bit underrated on a 75 in my opinion, i think the remora pro would be a better option on a 75....but they are both good skimmers, the t1000 really needs to go in a sump to work properly though.