Help me fill my tank

Toggil

Large Fish
Jun 10, 2006
Endicott NY
I have a 55 gallon tank that just got through a bad case of ick. 6 of my fish died and all thats left is 3 dalmation molly's and 1 wagtail platy. Sometime next week when I'm sure everything is good I'm going to get 3 more platy's to replace the ones that passed away. I have a couple ideas of other things I want to get later on but thought I would see what other people thought too.
After the platy's I was planning on getting 2 angel fish and 4-6 green cobra guppy's, but after that I have no clue, any suggestions? Thanks

Toggil

Large Fish
Jun 10, 2006
Endicott NY
Etheostoma said:
Dunno where you live, but I doubt carp is all you've got.
Unfortunately our rivers are pretty polluted and not a lot can live there, I did used to have a bunch of minnows, crawfish, and catfish in a tank from the creek I grew up next to but that was like 15 years ago.

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
i know its overstocked, but so far with water changes every other day all the fish are doing well. I figure at the very least i'll buy the neons some friends and move them all into the 55 gallon once its stable.

Sandtiger

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Simi Valley, CA
Glass bloodfin tetras are really nice schooling fish, you could have a big school in a 55 gallon tank. A red-tailed shark is a nice fish for a bottom-dweller, and they would be able to grow to their full size in a 55 gallon. Glass cats are also nice, and a big school would be possible in a 55 gallon. Glass fish are nice also, but I've heard that they need some salt in their water so that might be out if you get angle fish. There are also some very nice fancy plecos that would go well in a community. Hatchet fish are aso a good choice.

Toggil

Large Fish
Jun 10, 2006
Endicott NY
Thanks sandtiger, I'll keep all those in mind. I never knew angelfish didn't like salt in the water, glad you said that cause I was using it to help treat the ich. The biggest thing I'm trying to decide on is what kind of bottom dweller to get.