galaxy coral
slipper coral

i wanted to ask you can these beauties be kept in 25 gal tank
successfully
could there be any chemical danger to my tank or other fishes or inverts
while dosing these corals with foods they need in future
how much light will need to keep all these corals in 18 inches deep tank
i got 76 watt with 8000k
how should i introduce these corals ..one by one or i can also put all of these at once
as my dealer is very far he can only deliver in bulk..so i was hoping to keep all at once
will that also peak my tank bio load
i also wanted to keep any dwarf angelfish with these corals
as these are not reef save fishes ..but really wanted to keep one
please advice
and what about parasites which come with corals ...how to eradicate them before putting in tank
please advice if you have any other corlas in mind for my tank
that would be nice
please advice

Attachments

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Leather corals grow fairly large pretty quick so I would just pick 1 of those.. Hammer/frogspawn are the same family so they will be ok together but they will sting any corals that are near them.. You could probaby put all them in the tank as long as you placed them well.. I wouldn't put them all in at once, that would be way to much IMO.. Also I would upgrade the lights. T5's are nice or get a cheap retro MH

sunnymittu

Large Fish
Jun 7, 2008
india
about the light i am worried bit becouse i cant upgrade the lights till two months as they are not available in my country ,however I will upgrade it ASAP or have to go abroad to buy them ......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I would change out the bulbs to 10K minimum.....then you should be able to add polyps such as green star polyps, mushrooms, zoanthids along with some of the lower light items on your list. That list contains too many corals for a 25g....

These are okay in your tank as is...
ASSORTED BUTTON POLYPS
ASSORTED COLONY POLYPS
red mushroom
star polyps
yellow polyps

Need a bit more light but wouldn't put these with any from the following list as these are notorious for giving off nasty chemicals to thwart other corals growing near them so in a small tank are probably a no go unless you pick one....say a devil's hand and then just polyps with it...

devils leather finger (good beginner coral grows fast)
kenya tree coral (another good beginner grows fast and spreads)
yellow fiji leather coral (notorious for chemical aleopathy, not a good choice for a beginner or small tank)

These all need higher light and can send out sweepers that will sting anything near it but are generally good beginner stony corals.

BUBBLE CORAL (need better higher wattage lighting, can be difficult to keep)
anchor or hammer coral (good beginner lps as is frogspawn)
frogspawn coral (see above)
torch coral (more difficult than frogspawn or hammer)
slipper coral (nice plate coral needs a sandy bottome and feeding)

Hmmm haven't had one but have heard they can be tempermentalpipe organ coral

Pipe organ

Need a large tank and will sting anything near it in a large area
galaxy coral

Impossible to keep alive and not recommended for anyone, best left in the ocean.....
flowerpot coral

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
My pipe organ is growing like crazy with metal halides. It also needs good flow.

Try not to get any light hungry coral until you can get the proper lighting. Also, a nice skimmer would help with all those coral. Water changes will be imporatant too.

sunnymittu

Large Fish
Jun 7, 2008
india
my tank has 6"*19"*20" of sump attached on its back as my display tank is 13"*19"*20"

which makes it 20 gallon approx
however 72watt 8000k light is not enough for 16" deep which includes the live sand
can i increase the light hours to eradicate the low light symtoms for corals

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
The sump will add water volume and help somewhat stabilize your parameters only but you should have adequate wattage which is the intensity of light not the number of hours...