help me pick

teambcw

Small Fish
Nov 3, 2009
San Pedro,CA
I was wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction. I have just set up my 29 gal tank and everything is good but I feel the current hob filter is not giving me the filtration that is needed. it is a aqua clear 30 fyi. I have only had hob on all of my tanks and was wanting to get something that will move the water better. I have been looking not really knowing what i am looking at and have read up a bit and have a couple filters in mind....

1. Eheim Ecco 2231 Comfort Filter
2. Eheim Ecco 2234 Comfort Filter
3. Rena Filstar XP1 Canister Filter

I have been leaning towards the Eheim just due to the fact that they use half the power of the Rena does. Also the 2231 and 2234 use the same amount of power yet the 2234 has more flow? Can you guys please explain this and help me chose what is right for me. Thanks in advance! Jason

Jan 5, 2010
vancouver bc
I love the aqua clear filters they are amazing. I can't advize on any other kind because I haven't ever owned any others, but I've always found it better to use a larger filter for the tank you have. For instance both my 30G tanks have a filter meant for a 50G tank and my 20G has a 30G reccomended filter.

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
I agree with sushi roll, or you could get another smaller filter to go along with it, maybe an aquaclear 20 or something? I have a fifteen gallon that came with a top fin power filter 20, and got an aqueen quietflow 10 and everything is doing great!!