help meeee

Aug 20, 2007
www.myspace.com
180 gallons of dramma

hey people i jus got a 180 gallon tank and put that big tank in my room on the second floor of my house. i know that i am suppose to put it on a load barring wall and perpandicualr to the joints of the floor.(i.e. the way the floor bords are going) i set up the tank thinking that they went one way but i later learned that they are goin the other way meaning that i think i messed up but i have not yet put water in the tank. my question is.... would it **** anything up at all if i filled up the tank??? asfare as i know the house strucher is very good but i dont want to break the floor risking it. so if someone could give me some insight and tell me if i should turn the tank or something

Last edited by a moderator:

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Two problems....

1. This is a kid friendly forum, you probably should "curb" the more colorful words in your posts ;)

2. With that much tank you should most definitely position it correctly on the load bearing supports. AKA you you should turn it. *thumbsups

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
you're brave to have it on the second floor of your house. i would be WAY too paranoid to do that! ;)

i agree w/ denny. it would be better to do it right the first time than to risk any structural problems with the house.

BTW, it's not necessary to post the same thread in multiple forums ;)

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
It's probably not a load bearing wall if the floor joists are running parallel to the wall.

How old is your house? Do you know what type of construction and framing style it is?

You're talking about a little under a ton... I wouldn't mess around with that.

~JW

P.S. Multiple threads and language cleaned up.

Last edited: