Help My Big White Nassarius Snail is eating my Corals !!!!

spllouder

Large Fish
Aug 19, 2007
Springfield MO
OK i Caught him in the Act i have 5 Large Cream and tan colored nassarius snail . and i caught one eating my Pink Palys . And i wondered why my Xenia Was Dying ? These guys are eating my corals on the bottom of the tank ? Help . Its the same Snails as " IDunnoWhy " Page 15 Post #147 . Mine are the Same Snail . Eating my Fleshy Soft Polys . :mad:

P.s. He is Proable EyeBalling your Leather for a Snack Later .

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Nassarius snails usually eat detritus and are scavengers. Is there enough food for them? I think maybe they are not getting enough to eat. Try feeding them some mysis.

spllouder

Large Fish
Aug 19, 2007
Springfield MO
I acutally watched my Snail eat a botton polpy and make a hole in it . Thw main lights where on , and i dont think they are getting enough food . Can i use pellets or something so they sink to the sand ? They will eat anything , but when i but my brine shrimp in it gets eating before they even get a chance to get out of the sand ? They love Flakes but takes a while to sink , and get eating first too . by the clown fish . ??

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Pellets will work fine. If you have flake, you can soak it in a little tankwater first and it will sink faster. Sometimes feeding at night, when the fish are resting, is easier.

I have a pesky peppermint shrimp that takes polyps off my euphyllias if I don't feed him enough.