Help! My guppies are slowly dying!!

Feb 17, 2007
Hi

Posted previous thread about my platys being a bit shy but that is the least of my worries now!

Since Sunday when I introduced some new fish (3 platy and 2 guppy) i have lost 4 guppys and 1 platy. Did a very large water change this morning, all water readings are fine and the guppy that died this morning has so signs of anything wrong with it. The one that died yesterday seemed to be covered with tiny little air bubbles which went when taken out the tank. I've been treating with white spot stuff as advised when introducing new fish. I have dropped the tank temperature in the last week to
25°c as it was a bit high I thought at 27°c. I have noticed the ones that have died so far start by swimming at the surface of the water and not eating a lot. Along with the new fish I introduced a new plant and fed them for the first time with live daphnia.

Got a nasty feeling my other guppys will follow shortly - does anyone recommend adding tonic salts.

Any advice greatly received.

Ali

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I suggest stopping the Ich treatment if there is no ich in your tank. That will just stress them out and fancy guppies are fragile fish to begin with. I keep my guppies at 78F. I do not suggest adding salt to the tank unless you are treating for ich.