HELP NOW!!!!!

May 14, 2006
Palatine,IL
Just wanted to ask I jsut got 2 small clownfish today and have had them in the tank fro about 7 hours and now their swimming in just one spot behind a rock right next to the sand thats brushing all the sand away. their swimming pretty slow and don't look good. This is my first SW tank so I just need some help. Is it just becasue there in a new tank?

May 14, 2006
Palatine,IL
I floted the bag for 15min then added 1/2 cup every 15 min for 45 min. then got the fish out with a net and slowely put them in. Now that was when it was all dark and now I am home and I turned on the light they came off the bottom a little still swimming slow though and staying in one spot.

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Your acclimation is probably not the best method, but it should have been fine for the clowns (a constant drip would be better).

For the water tests: by "the lowest it could" be assume you must mean 0s? If that is the case and the salinity and temperature are ok, they may just be getting used to their new surroundings. Sometimes it helps to leave the lights out for the first day.

May 14, 2006
Palatine,IL
About 3 weeks and 2 weeks with fully cured live rock. I have been testing it and the store did and its fine. The clownfish are doing fine now swimming in the current and all over the tank. I guess they just needed some time.