Help tank breakdown

dana307

Large Fish
Jan 6, 2003
Massachusetts
Hey, I need to break down my tank and want to find a good home for my fish. I posted them in buy/sell/trade and on MyAquaria.whatever it is. The chain stores won't take them and I have only a week left to figure out what to do here. ( I am having extensive knee surgery and need to break the tank down for now. Will be on crutches for over two months, etc). Any advice? I have kribs, an angel, cories, upside down cats. Help me out please? :(

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
Well, I might be intrested in a couple of upside down catfish. It depends on where you live/what it would cost. I'm not fond of the idea of shipping fish, bothers me... I worked at FedEx for a while and I saw how those boxes get treated. Ironicaly the saltwater fish (from saltwaterfish.com I think) that get shipped through fed-ex don't get any special treatment... They're tossed around and dropped just as much as precious china.

dana307

Large Fish
Jan 6, 2003
Massachusetts
I live North of Boston and I don't feel as though I would know how to or feel comfortable enough to ship fish safely. Just seems like you should know what u're doing, u know?

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
Yeah, sadly I live down in Memphis, TN... So there's a no-go on that part, thought I might pitch in ^^ and those upside down cats are so cool...

Anyhow, have you tried looking for any mom and pop lfs around your area? If so... Got any friends you can give them over to? If not... Parents?

If not... I'm out of ideas, other than going to your local Game and Fish people and asking them if they want them for a display (The Game and fish over in AR does that, alot... They had some of those little african frogs there at one point.)

dana307

Large Fish
Jan 6, 2003
Massachusetts
Good ideas and thank you. The local small store has closed but there might be one more I can try. Friends - one has a small tank and can take a few only or his tank would be overcrowded. Game and fish people, will try. TY.