help! what this might be...

Olga

Medium Fish
Oct 28, 2005
On Friday, 2 days ago, I feed my fish live food. I did it as usual, same amount of food...
The lights were turned off, so I did not see (I should have) who and how much ate.
In the morning everything was normal, but one of my Pictus catfish looks like in the attached photo.
At first I thought it ate too much, but 2 days went and its belly does not look smaller. It looks like it ate algae wafer (there is no way it could drop into the tank) or flat small stone.

40g.
1 Raphael catfish,
3 Rainbow,
2 Pictus Catfish
P8130002_jpeg.jpg
P8130003_jpeg.jpg

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Privet

I dont know much about cat fish. but I have an algea eater. I used to feed him algea waffers but for the past few days he stopped eating the waffers and started on the regular fish food. When i feed my other fish he comes and starts sucking on the rocks to get the flakes from the rocks that sink. And since then he has a big belly. He eats fine. What i think is that maybe your cat fish eats alot then required and has blot.(is that right?) Well see if the belly goes down if not watch him when you feed your other fish to see if he eats more then he can chew on. Thats the best advice i can give.

Olga

Medium Fish
Oct 28, 2005
spasibo :)

oh... it eats like a pig...
sometimes it had huge belly, but it was all assimetric and rounded and got smaller in few days.

today, I can see it moving inside the fish.

I am affraid it can be some sort of worms.

the other fish seems fine...