Help- will a party lead to Fish Stress?

Whitney

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2006
Hey Y'all,

quick question....

My roommate is throwing a big Halloween party. There's going to be very loud music and lots of people dancing. I'm worried about my fish (I have 5 serpae tetras, 3 diamond tetras, 6 harlequin rasboras, and 1 german blue ram). Do you think that the stress from the loud music and pounding floors will kill them? Is there anything I can do to make this a little easier on my fish?

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

-Whitney

Whitney

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2006
Party and stress- thanks for the reply

That shouldn't be a problem, the tank will be blocked and curtained off along with our furniture....my concern was more with the loud noise and pounding- since she's planning on having the music and dancing in the living room (which is where the fish are).

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
hubby cranks his guitar amp about 10-15 ft from my 55 gallon tank (low on space in my house) but it has no effects of anykind on my fish, and its a huge amp. and today i had 7 kids, and 3 adults in my house all the kids running by the tanks and no problem at all, your fish will be fine!!!

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
My boyfriend has ridiculous speakers.....dance club style....in our living room and no ill effects on the fish. They don't really act any different when the music is on.
Covering it up with something is a good idea to make it less noticeable to the party goers.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Drunk people are obnoxious and stupid when it comes to being mature about things. So definately tape the lid shut and cover the whole tank up with a sheet or towels. If you can block it off with furniture, that's even better. My fish don't even react when I make a loud noise, so they should be fine with the music, but if you're planning on having strobe lights or whatever, definately cover them up.

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
Definately beware of drunkoids. I don't know how many times I've caught people "Fishing" in my tanks. :(

The loud music doesn't seem to bother the fish much. It's the hordes of people walking by that startle them a bit so covering them will fix that. :)

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
I have parties all the time without a problem, in fact most of my guest like my fish. No one is stupid enough to pour something in or stick their hand it because they know the wrath that would follow.

I don't think you need to cover it or anything, enjoy your party, so will they! *celebrate

britnewt

Small Fish
Mar 6, 2006
In my house there is almost never a time when we are home when its not loud. My fish are used to it and well its never really "bugged" them. they just don't like it when some fast moving people or strange, staring face peer in.

If you will be there during the party; just check up on them from time to time and just check to make sure they are ok and there is no strange objects in the water and the tank looks just like it did before the party started.