Help with SPS.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
hi, i bought a frag of montipora digita about a week and a half ago, all was doing well until i moved the frag, part of it broke off, how do i make it stick to a peace of rock? will super glue jell work? the piece that broke off ia a little bigger than half of my thumb. thanks in advance.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
ok back into town, the frag was on a flat piece of rock, i went to go stick part of the rock in a nook so the frag would not fall and brake, me the spaz that i am broke it when my fingers slipped, i bought some "crazy glue gell" i hope this is the right stuff, it is made with ethel cyano something, is this the right kind?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I broke a branch off my when I move a rock next to it. It was a couple of inches long. I just got some of that epoxy stuff and took the end and stuck it in a hole with the putty. It was about 3 weeks ago and everything looks okay.......

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Breaking branches off like this is not normal, but is a common feature of captive bred frags. They should not be that fragile. Causes are being grown in inadequate flow, and also that they have been raised to grow very fast by using very strong lighting and unnaturally high Ca levels in a frag tank enviroment..

Basically most home SPS growers farmers seem to think it's all about how fast the things grow, and achieve unnaturally high growth rates at the expense of strengh.