help with the basics?

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
hey everyone again im new here and i need some help with some of the basics like i know i need a tank and filter and sand and decor but what r some other things that i will need to maintain water levels and stuff like that
its a lil embarrasing to have to ask about the basic stuff but i have to learn some how right lol :eek:
thanks and any advice is greatly appreciated
JJ

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
Everyone has to start some where. The basics should include but is not limited to the following:
Tank. (to hold the water)
Water (a Really good thing to have for keeping fish.)
Filter.
Heater.
Water treatment Used to get chlorine and other unwanted things out of the water.
Test kit, so we can help you if things go wrong.
Siphon/Gravel Vac.
Gravel (so you can use the gravel vac.)
Thermometer.
Decor. (optinal for guys a must for gals)
Fish <---That is a good one!
Being a member of Myfishtank.net
The understanding that I am scarcastic.

Everything else is optional.

If you need more check out the beginner area it has a lot of good info that will help you figure this fish thing out.

MAHA

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
thanks maha lol ya fish and water would be a good thing to have huh!!
and another thing i was wondering can the color of your sand/gravel effect your fish at all? cuz ive seen some tanks with black sand and i kinda like how it looks lol : )
JJ

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
I personaly like the black or natural color of gravel/sand. I have read that black will not stress out the fish as much but I really dont know how much it will affect them. I like the black cause it dose not look dirty. your fish will stick out better on a black gravel any way. I have a tank with some white gravel in it, looks dirty all the time. I wont go wiht white again.

MAHA