HELP !!

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
Hi,
I need urgent help in the mext few mins, i have a male krib thats upside down, and floating around and he has a bloated belly and his scales are all ded odd, i am treating him for dropsy but will he live ? hes the worst fish ive ever seen coz hes looking realllly bad, i dont want him to die, hes a pair with another female, he could make money for me !!! :( :( :( :( :( :(

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
well, pH is fine, nitrite is fine, i put like the right amount of tablets in and treated the main tank it came from, the krib has bin like that for maybe since i first started seeing the scales starting to go wonkey, was like a week ago, hes now just upside down, breathing fast not moving behind a pot, i feel sorry for him :( he is obviously suffering in that spare tank :(

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
dropsy is usually fatal. Sounds like you missed the window of oppurtunity to treat him a week ago. But next time you will know what to do if you start see new symptoms in another fish. Sometimes the learning curve is painful - sorry about your little guy.

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
yep, :( he was a spawning pair aswell , guess ill have to get a new pair now and start off from scratch, if hes still ike this tomorrow, i will give hm an ice bath, poor little bugger, my guppy is in there too, i wasnt sure if it had it but not taking any more chances now !

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I wouldn't really recommend putting another in that tank. You have too many fish in there already, which won't give good conditions for them breeding. If you really want to breed them, it would be best to set up a tank just for them.

As soon as you see anything unusual on your fish, you should do some research or ask a question. The faster you treat or take action, the better. :)

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
too many fish in my rio 125 ?? i thought i was fine though, i have lots of fry, in about a month i will be selling them, so then surley the tank ownt be over stocked then eh ?? and i wasnt gonna breed kribs nayway, i am more focused on breeding rams on a tank of their own