Help!

gozzie

New Fish
Jul 30, 2006
I am new at this posting stuff, so forgive me if this is a double...but I have a livebearer that isnt looking so great! she is pretty lethargic sitting at the bottom of the breeding tank looking likt she is ready to burst out her fry and there is a tiny protrusion coming from her anus, but she isnt pushing any out. should i try and put her back into the tank? maybe she is too stressed? i am concerned and dont want her to die. Can anyone give me some quick advice? Thank you sooo much!

And thank you to all who replied to my first thread, great advice and fast responses!

gozzie

New Fish
Jul 30, 2006
Help....

Thanks for the reply. She has had 7 babies since I first posted for some advice, so that is many hours. She seems to be too tired or worn out to get them out. We are just waiting, but unfortunately too, the babies (I guess I really should say fry) that have been delivered did not survive. So I don't know what this means, but I will try the water change, thanks again.

gozzie

New Fish
Jul 30, 2006
Help....

Thanks, but unfortunately, what very few she has had, they didnt make it, so we are attempting to change the water. She is also VERY large still, with probably many more fry to go yet. I am not sure how to make sure the rest live? And should it take so long to only produce 7 babies?? Its been hours to get only the 7 so far, and of course it is only once I walk away that she 'spits' them out, so I haven't actually been able to see it happen.

If you have any suggestions, I would be truly greatful, I am afraid that as she has more, they will also not survive.

Thank you so much.