Help

burgess

Small Fish
Jul 26, 2006
Wigan, England, Britain
Last week my small yellow lab seemed to dissappear, I searched the tank and assumed it had died and then been eaten by my plecco. Sure enough yesterday out of nowhere it appeared, looking very thin and in poor condition. I bought a 1 gallon bottle of water this morning cut off the top and made some small holes in it. I placed it in my tank and put the yellow lab in it as its fins seemed to have been nipped at. I returned from work today and guess what ? There are 3 tiny little cichlids in the partition with him/her.

Should I remove the parent?
What knid of food will they need?
Is there anything I can give them now in the meantime?

thanks in advance

fish_chic

Large Fish
Oct 30, 2006
florida
there is only 3 babys? if you can see inside of her mouth are there more babys. she might be still holding that is why she looks so thin ( can't eat with babys in your mouth) and her fins are all nipped probably from her not being able to fight back bc of her holding the babys, that is why she was probably hiding very well. well if you have another tank you can put the babys in there so they can grow out. or you can just leave them they may survive well at least the very strong will.

i have a baby in my tank that i haven't seen in about a week. i feed my mbunas this morning and i saw him swim out from around a rock to eat some food and hes only about a 1/4 inch long. plus i just did gravel cleaning and rearranged all my rock work the other day and hes still alive, so hes tough one out of the bunch.