Here it is

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Before I send it off to be made, I figured I would let ya'll take a look and get you input. First section to the left is the skimmer section and the skimmer has a foot print of 13x17, then the return section, I could most likely save a few inches here but I don't know how big the return pump will be, refugium section and then the top off water section. It will be made out of 3/8s inch acrylic. The new DT will be 60x33x25.

I know the sump is longer than the DT, lol

I figured making the stand longer I can have some extra room in case I figure wrong about the skimmer heigth and getting the skimmer cup off. I can then put a shelf in the cabinet above the skimmer to store things. I need extra room for the Kalk reactor also. I know its pretty long, so if you have a better idea, feel free to post it for me.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
The first pic was the first drawing of the sump before I made the changes, thats why I deleated the pic. I am going to make a few changes in the last pic also. I misread the amount of water the skimmer needs to operate. I thought it said it needed 6 to 10 inches of water to operate, it needs 8 to 10. I am going to change the blue baffle to 10 inches the green baffle to 11 inches plus the one inch space under it and the yellow baffle to 9 inches.

Last edited:

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I sent the builder the new plans today. I made the skimmer section bigger to 20 inches wide and raised the first skimmer baffle to 10 inches. The return section is now 15 inches wide by 9 inches deep. The refugium section is now 15 inches deep by 22 inches wide and I did away with the top off section.

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
btw i usually only make the spacing for the baflles 1" apart and 1" from the bottom. not a big deal i just usually try not to take up too much space with the baffles

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I made that first baffle 3 inches just in case I want to use a sponge filter instead of a filter sock. I raised the 1st skimmer baffle to 10 inches, thats what the skimmer needs, 6 to 10 inches. Then I thought I would do away with the top off section, figured I could use another container when the time comes for that. I know its kinda long, but I figured, I get into trouble when I go to figuren, :) that when I get the bigger tank the extra sump water will help keep the tank water cooler, just a thought.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I haven't heard any thing yet. I called them yesterday and thought they would have called me today with a price. This company make alot of tanks for chemical companies, so I am sure my lowly sump isn't very high on their to do list.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I am starting to think the company dosn't want to mess with building the sump for me. Kinda, sort of given me the run around when I call them. I won't call again, if they call me, they call me, if not so be it. I will buy a glass tank and make one out of that. I did buy this today. Our LFS sells Bulk Reef Supply products. Dual BRS GFO and Carbon Reactor I got the pump and the media, so I will try and get that hooked up.