Here's Flash......

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
Well, for you guys and gals that have already seen Flame, here's current pictures of him. For those of you who are new here, he is a 15 inch Fire Eel. He was 2.5 inches when I bought him about 19 months ago. He's now broke the 15 inch mark, and still growing, eating 2 bloodworm cubes a couple days a week, and a single cube the other days of the week. The cost of the bloodworms is getting higher, and higher, and higher, lol, as I have to feed him more, and more, and more, LOL.

Also, in the pics you will also see some of his battle scars, lol. It's the battle between him and the Emperor 400 biowheel, when he goes in there during the day, lol. He may have beaten me, but I think the biowheel is beating him up, lol. This weekend I'm going to Lowe's to see about getting a long, 2" black PVC to put down behind the shipwreck for him, a nice and dark place to hide. Maybe that will help keep him out of the filter, lol.

Well, here he is in all his GLORY.......

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
It's a HOB filter. The water runs up into the compartment with the filter pads, then over the edge back into the tank. The output is not under water, no. It's above the water, like a waterfall. Kind of like a salmon swimming up a waterfall, but much easier, lol. Once he's in the current of the falling water, he gives a kick with his tail and he slips right under the biowheel and into the filter compartment, lol. Then at night, he slips back under the biowheel and the water pushes him out and into the tank.