He's sick and i need help.

Apr 30, 2008
Okay, well i have two dwarf gouramis. But lately one had been looking sick.
He's constantly iether leaning against the side, or pretty well upright, or both and has lost all his colour. :(
he regained a little of his colour a few hours ago, when I took him out of my other tank, and isolated him in a much smaller 'beta fish' tank. You know those little ones you can get for like ten dollars for beta fish? im using one of those. And i used my finger to prop him up to the top of the little tank to get some oxygen. He appeared to be almost gulping it down at first, and then he was just laying there and working his way to the bottom again, where now, instead of being on his tail straight up, he's just layiing there.
can someone diagnose him and give me an idea of something to make him better? im desperate here.
thanks so much. :)

ps; sorry if this is in the wrong topic..im new.

Dan Steveo

Large Fish
Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
right. my fish did that. i had a dwarf gourami. as soon as they start to lean i think it's all over. i think it's too late but there may be a way to stop it. i think it's swim bladder problems due to conditions. we need info on conditions. do some tests on your water. nitrIte and ammonia especially but nitrAte and ph too. other details that kissy mentioned need to be added also.