Hey all, how's it go???

Glad I found the site as I hope to learn a lot from it. I'm Jamie and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I've decided to get fish for a few reasons.

1. I've always wanted to try this hobby.

2. Fish are just so calming to watch.

3. I needed some stimulation for the kitty while I'm away every week.

I'm a flight attendant so I am gone 4 days a week usually so I'm looking for fish that will do well in a system w/o attention for part of the week. I have had a few ideas from reading and friends but I don't want to lose anymore fish (see post in the beginners section).

I also have two other hobbies, 4 Wheeling and Motorcycles. I'm a member of the AZVJC and the SCRC Phoenix Chapter.

Well enough about me!!! I hope y'all can help me out when I post up questions and such.*twirlysmi

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Welcome to the tank. I dont know! if you are out 4 days in a week how will you take care of your tank. Most fish need infact all fish need attention. Atleast 15 to 30 mins daily. Thats what i think atleast. I might be wrong you never know.

The way I see it is that cat hasn't moved from in front of the tank since I put the fish in yesterday (with a few exceptions anyway), and the betta seems to dart all around hiding in and out of plants and the rocks. The cat is stimulated to the point of touching the front of the tank and talking to the fish. The Betta also seems to like to go up and down at the front of the tank to torment the cat. Seems they have been interacting a bit and the fish seems happy with that, more so then sitting at the pet store in the tiny waterfilled cups.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Once your tank has stabilized you should be alright. :) You might look into getting an automatic fish feeder type thing though, depending on what kind of fish you end up with. You can mix betta food and flakes together for a daily meal. They can be cheap on ebay, $15 or so. Worth checking into.

MissFishy,

Will that work with an enclosed tank though? I have been told that they can go a few days without even though I fed them yesterday and today. I plan to feed them tomorrow in the early AM before leaving. I return Friday afternoon.

What are the thoughts on the blocks that you can get that will feed then for say 3 days. I could always use of of those 4 times a month while I'm gone.

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
Welcome to the tank! I am relatively new here as well, and I have had every question answered. These guys/gals rock! *DRUMMER*