Hey all

Apr 2, 2005
First off, thanks for all the help I’ve already gotten just lurking. This looks like a great site with a lot of helpful people and very few arguments. Figured I’d join up.

Little about me – I love fish. When I’m not out on the lake fishing, I’m reading about fishing or talking about fishing. And, yes, I also love to eat fish. Hope I don’t offend anybody by saying that, but that’s me. I recently picked up a 45 gallon with all the bells and whistles for $45 at a rummage sale and figured when I’m not out fishing or talking about fishing I can tend to my pet fish. Should be interesting, and it’s already been a fun learning experience. The never ending, fishless cycle nitrite spike is beginning to bug me a bit, but I’m a pretty patient guy, and I’ll GET’R DONE!

Seastaar88 – I’ll really be interested in your input. Not many sites with any good info on keeping North American natives, and your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, if it’s not too much trouble, could the Admin add a 7 to the end of my user name? I screwed up when I was typing it in. No big deal, but it’s what I go by everywhere else and I’d really appreciate it.

later

kc17

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
welcome to our virtual tank.

I'd be eager to hear about your new native tank setup. I am determined to do some kind of native tank this summer and would really enjoy going throught that process with someone so we can get double the help.

Apr 2, 2005
Froggy - thanks for the assist with the name correction.

NoDeltaH2O - I'll be happy to share anything I figure out, but I'm totally green when it comes to this aquarium stuff. I only know what I've read, and don't have much hands-on experience. I had a natives tank about 15 years ago, but had no clue what I was doing and it turned into a miserable failure and I gave it up. I hope that by doing my homework this time it will go a little more smoothly.

kc17