Hey All

Aug 26, 2008
g'day guys how are ya's.

My names Mitch and i have wanted to get a fishtank for a long time now. I finally got one on sunday. I got something big enough for my room before i move into my investment property. Its about the 120lt mark.

Its a tallish tank. around 60x60 cm. come with a lid with the filter, heater, lights ( one normal and one purpleish like a UV light or something.) anyway i have it full of water i have washed the gravel and put that in also. i went out today and bought some decorations for the bottom.

I havent got any fish yet as i have read its good to leave the water sit for 4-5 days before adding them.

anyway im sure everyone will have lots of useful pointers as i am completley new to this but i have always loved fish.

look forward to hearing for yous !

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Welcome to the tank..don't be afraid to ask questions.

I saw your other post also, follow those links that punkrulz posted for you and you should be fine. Unfortunately letting it sit isnt the right thing because it has to cycle which can be a long process but worth it in the end. Have fun and becareful this is an addicting hobby ;)

Nice to see some folks finding the forum and asking questions before they start adding fish.

Last edited: