Hey Everyone :)

Truckmuddr

Small Fish
Aug 23, 2006
Naples, FL
Hey everyone, I've been floatin around on here for a few weeks and decided I should join.

Bought a used 55 gal. and used 40 gal.(Set up for reptiles which I gave to my Nephew) about 3 weeks ago for $150, which to my surprise came with 2 African Cichlids. So I had to go into rush mode and dump alot of $$$ into it so I could get it set up and keep the fish alive. I was not planin on settin the tank up for a few month, wanted to build a 3D background and everything first, but that didn't happen. This is my first personal tank but we had a 55 gal. fishtank in the house a few years ago till my sister moved out.

Truckmuddr

Small Fish
Aug 23, 2006
Naples, FL
Yea, I know they get big, right now both the sharks and the cat are less then 3" long. When it comes time that they need a bigger home, I'll get to spurged and buy something in the 125+ gal range.

Truckmuddr

Small Fish
Aug 23, 2006
Naples, FL
It's been set up for about 3 weeks, Here is my water results:
Nitrate - 20
Nitrite - 0
Amonnia - 0
GH - 300
KH - 300
PH - 7.9
Temp - 79° no heater, just hot in my room :(
Well water sucks, damn limestone, been thinkin about goin with RO, just not sure yet.

Igor The Cat

Superstar Fish
Jul 14, 2003
Seattle, Washington
ahh good, sometimes people can be pretty clueless as to how big there fish get, and your water seems fine so i wouldnt mess with it, my tap has aph of 8.1 and my soft water species are doing just fine, remebeer, a stable ph is much better than a "perfect ph (which doesnteven exist) and those nitrate can be taken care of with water changes and mabye even som hardy live plants.

cheers

-Java