Hey Everyone

tjmino

Small Fish
Aug 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hi,

So I gave a little bit of an intro about myself in the freshwater discussion (I didn't even realize this was here!), but here's a little more info about me.

Let's see, I'm 20 years old, and I'm currently in the process of setting up a 25g freshwater tank at my apartment at USC. I had a 10g tank with angelfish and tetras about 10 years ago, but I wasn't exactly the most knowledgeable or talented at keeping it efficiently (this site wasn't here to help me!). Then I stocked it with firebelly toads for a couple years, and those things were awesome. But.. I eventually got to the stage where I didn't spend that much time at home, so I had to give it up.

For the past couple years, I've watched my brother's tanks (2 5g hexes and a 50g) grow, as well as doing some "fishsitting" while he's been on vacation, and I just can't stay away from it any longer. So, like I said, I'm setting up a 25g, stocking it with a couple GBR cichlids (when I finally find them), a small pleco, a gourami, an african dwarf frog (can't stay away from the frogs), a rainbow shark, and maybe a small school of tetras. AND I'm going to try my hand at growing a few plants -- nothing too crazy like all of the awesome tanks that you guys have, though, because I don't want to overwhelm myself with having to get a CO2 tank and whatnot.

So I'll stop there because I don't think I'm supposed to be writing this much, but I'll just say that I look forward to contributing however I can to this forum because so far, it has been an amazing help in getting me rolling in the right direction. Thanks guys!