Hey ya'll, Watch THIS!!!

Nov 11, 2005
Prattville, AL
Good day, all!

I’m Lady Fire, and I’m trying to following the rules and introduce myself here..

I wanted to extend a huge thanks for all of the wonderful information you share so freely here in the aquarium of MyFishTank.net. I can’t begin to tell you how much this resource is appreciated by the great unspoken masses that read these forums. (I know from personal experience, as I’ve been poking around silently for about a week!)

My 55 gal has been set up for two months, and has only had fish for the last four weeks. I set it up, treated it with water conditioners, and let it run for a month before I ever put any fish into it (as I was told it would “set itself up”). Obviously I hadn’t yet read Iggy’s Tank Cycle Recipe, which would have prepared me properly for my undertaking. *GOLDFISH*

Needless to say, it accomplished nothing, and since I’ve added “cycle fish” (seven feeder-type goldfish and three Red Comets), they’re excrement-ing themselves into ammonia oblivion. I’ve just ordered some of the Bio-Spira to arrive tomorrow (as highly recommended by everyone here), so hopefully the problem will be on it's way to resolution by week’s end.

I had a 100 gallon tank for years as a teenager, and I don’t remember ever doing anything more to it than an occasional vacuuming!!! Wow… How did we ever keep fish before all the pharmaceuticals?!?!?! :eek:

In any case, I just wanted to say hello, and thank you. I’ve learned allot in just poking around here… Thanks to everyone for being so awesome.

Lady Fire

*SUNSMILE*

sutty30

Medium Fish
Oct 26, 2005
*thumbsups hi there and welcome i am new here myself after being out of the loop for five years its amazing how the hoby has moved on so this site has been great for me too , a bit of a refresher so to speak . and as tml said incredibley informed ppl on here much more than the complete wasters in my lfs ( i asked for ammonia today and they had never heard of it :mad: )

Nov 11, 2005
Prattville, AL
Thank you again, to all!! :) I've really enjoyed all the great reading. You guys definitely know your fish!

Well, the Bio-Spira I ordered yesterday just arrived, and it's not got 55 gallons of amonia filled water for the critters to feast upon and make their home. I'm sure it's like Thanksgiving a week early! Hopefully it'll help my little guys out before they start showing signs of stress. I know it's causing ME stress! I've yet to see a single nitrIte or NitrAte in my tank to show me the system is cycling properly. :(

Ah well, time will tell... *thumbsups

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
They are beautiful, personable fish..I have 4 of them in my 100 gal. tank with some skirts, different corycats, white clouds, and danios. Very peaceful tank, which is what they need. That and very good water quality.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Welcome to the tank! Glad that you and so many others can find such good information on this site. That's what it, and we are here for, to share and help one another! :)

That reminds me of something funny:

A rednecks famous last words: "Hey, watch this!"