Hi am new. Need startup advise please.

Want to keep local cold saltwater specimens. These I will collect myself. Have a tank 1260mm long by 400mm deep by 520mm high. Want to keep among other things,bivalves such as Dosinia anus to study their interaction with paddle crabs, but have been told sand presents problems and a coarse material would be better in the bottom of the tank. Have been getting conflicting advise on filtration?? Also air temperature. My house faces North and is very warm. Have tried without success to purchase a book covering all this so would be grateful for some guidance. Thanks.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I'm not sure about specific information on your application...but if you read through the threads that are stickied at the top of the saltwater forum there are some great books mentioned there, as well as some good general information about filtration and the like.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Might want to PM seastaar (or maybe she'll see this, she's browsing about now...). She is like the queen of native fishes, and I know she does lots of SW stuff where she works... bet she can help out.