Hi everyone, settin up a new tank...

uneekfish

Small Fish
Feb 12, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Wow! Wish I found this site a few years ago! This is absolutely great!
I had a hex tank about 4 years ago, that I bought used from a co-worker, it sprung a leak and that was that. Now, I've got a great place for a new tank in my kitchen (which is big and has a tile floor) so, I've just started shopping around. I've got the space for either a 46 bow or a 38 but, don't know what to get. I'm pricing a Geneva Series by All-Glass Aquarium stand and tank but, I just saw one of the Eclipse Deluxe Show 29 Gallon tanks on-line and now don't know what to do. Does anyone here have any experience with the Eclipse tanks?

uneekfish

Small Fish
Feb 12, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Freshwater, I'd like to do a real nice community tank with a few live plants.
Dwarf Cichlids, Rainbowfish, Clown Loaches, I really haven't decided on the fish just yet. But, I did like the look of aquarium sand substrate and was thinking about using that and decorating the tank with some live plants as well. What do you think?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I LOVE my 46 bowfront...its such a pretty tank. The only one in my collection that I actually bought new with the stand...probably shouldn't have but its the exact one I wanted and I didn't think I'd find it at a garage sale :) Plus I got it during my local store's once a year All-glass tank sale...

Anyway....if my vote counts I'd vote for that 46.

As far as eclipse goes...I've never heard anything except good things about them...although I've never had one myself. I think the very smallest eclipse size had an issue with leaking if you had it on an uneven surface filled all the way up...but thats honestly the only bad thing I've heard about them. OH plus if you are someone who likes to do things with the tank (upgrade lighting) etc its hard to do in a tank like that that is all together in the hood.

Edit: OH and welcome to MFT :)