Hi Everyone!

Aug 5, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well hello there, all the way from Australia! After a few years absence from tanks, I have decided to come back, armed with a bit more maturity *BOUNCINGS

I used to have a couple of tanks, I cant remember the size off of the top of my head but one was about a foot long and the other was about 3-4 foot long. Both of which are stored downstairs. The smaller one housed a couple of goldfish, while the bigger one had a couple of oscars. The tanks were cleaned every week but they unfortunatly managed to catch some disease and die. The goldfish I gave to a friend as I was tired of looking after them.

Anyhoo now im looking at buying an investment property with my g/f, so I need to give up my current hobby of modifying my car (Here's a pic by the way, us aussies have the best cars! *celebrate ).

(As a side note it has about 315 hp at the engine from a 6 cylinder, not too bad if you ask me! I have finished what I had intended to do and going further was going to start costing a lot more money. But I digress.)

So now I'm resurrecting an old hobby! This site is fantastic, I have learnt more in the last couple of days than I have ever learnt before. I'm not sure what species I am interested in getting, Ill have to have a look at whats available these days before I do any research on possible tank mates. I like the appeal of a community tank, the oscars were very cool but schooling fish really appeals to me (plus their crap is a hell of a lot smaller! *laughingc ).

See ya around!

Aug 5, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I pulled out the frame for the fish tank last night and made some room. This weekend I'll give the tank a thorough washing and get it set up. Im not in a huge rush to get fish so I'll have time to do a proper cycle this time *twirlysmi Still deciding whether I want to have a planted tank or go with fake plants, or maybe a mix.

Fuzz, the car has a 4L inline 6 engine unique to Australia. Its actually set to be discontinued from 2010 and replaced with a yank v6, the duratec engine. Us enthusiasts arent entirely happy, as the new engine only has slightly more power but significantly less torque. But at least it will open us up to the world a bit more, allowing us to use the american aftermarket performance arena. I could talk for hours about this, but I wont!

In stock trim it puts out around 244 hp. I have added a new cold air induction system, high flow air filter, headers, high flow catalytic converter, dual exhaust system, underdriven harmonic balancer, and a custom tune. 18" wheels, lowered, window tint, sound system. Soon getting a new set of brakes (the standard ones warp pretty bad) and external transmission cooler (the stock one can corrode and cause transmission failure :eek: ). The next step would have been stuff like coil packs, cams, diff gears, stallie, possibly a supercharger which would require strengthening of the engine and transmission. So you can see it was getting really expensive!