Hi from Belgium

Vissen

New Fish
Dec 7, 2003
Belgium, Europe
Visit site
Hi,

I'm from Belgium, Europe and I've discovered the hobby about a year ago (saved some goldfish from an old-fashioned round fishbowl and put them in a decent aquarium now). Since than I've learned a lot more about freshwater tropical aquariums and I am now the (more or less) proud owner of two freshwater tanks (25 and 55 gallon).

First pic is of the 25 gallon tank.

Details:

Lighting consists of 3x18Watt lights.

Heater and filter came with the tank (built-in) but will be replaced by an Eheim 2322 shortly.

Plants: mostly Valisneria, an anubias barteri that is getting way too big, echinodorus in the foreground and some other plants I don't know the latin or english name off

Fish: ottocinclus affinus, bleeding heart tetra, siamese algae-eater, labeo bicolor

Water is changed on a weekly basis (about 10-20%) and plant fertiliser is added when needed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Vissen

New Fish
Dec 7, 2003
Belgium, Europe
Visit site
Second tank (55 gallon):

Lighting: 4x25 Watt

Eheim 2326 with integrated heater

Plants: Valisneria spiralis, echinodorus, cabomba, anubias, cabomba

Fish: neon tetra, red minors, labeo bicolor, ancistrus, siamese algae-eater, corydoras, brachydanio rerio

Maintenance is same as above tank.

Attachments

Vissen

New Fish
Dec 7, 2003
Belgium, Europe
Visit site
Finally got me a decent shot of the tetras.

Some additional remarks. I still consider myself pretty new at the hobby and it's very difficult to find decent material/fish/plants in my neighborhood so I'm still using these small canisters for CO2 supply till I can get a hold of a decent CO2 supplier (allthough the plants seem to be doing just fine).

P.S.: pictures were all taken with half the lights allready out as the fish tend to show themselves more.

Attachments