HI gourami help

Aug 5, 2007
Gurnee,Illinois
hi im new and just need a little advice about my blue and gold gouramis well i know they make bubble nests so i put some thing that floats so they can put bubbles in the blue gourami is a little bloated and the gold one is slim and not bloated will they breed?

Also the blue one just waits under the floating thing i put in and the gold one gets its mouth out in the air but dosent put bubbles under ther float were the blue one is waiting what is going on ?

Can diffrent types of gouramis mate with each other?

PLZ help*SUNSMILE*

Aug 5, 2007
Gurnee,Illinois
Yea now i no those 2 are females but now i bought to males that are FORSURE males points on anal and dorsal fins and now i got 2 gold gouramis and 2 blue 3 spot gouramis each with 1 male and 1 female and the male gold gourami is trying to bite the under side of both females and is not trying to make a bubble nest neither of the males are trying to so whats happening???

skratikans

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
how big is your tank? perhaps its not big enough or the other guys are stressing out the potential pair...maybe you could take one male and female into another tank of their own..