Hi i am fishfiend

fishfiend

Small Fish
Feb 15, 2006
.... Anyways, I Got this really important question to ask you ppl. I have 3 angelfish in my rather small tank, and one of my angelfish's stomach grew very big......T.T.... so as I was saying, i was at my sister's house looking after her sons and i didnt feed them for about 2 days. When I got home, I'd noticed that it's stomch gotten bigger. I ftill fed it, hoping it wont starve.....=.=.. anyways, So its scales are starting to fall off and I don't know what to do!! help me!:(

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Dont worry about starving them...fish can go for a week or more without food and be just fine. The fish with a puffy stomach sounds like it could have something serious...do you have another tank you could seperate it to and medicate it? Read around in the disease forum a bit, I dont remember what the sickness is called. (dropsy?)

Welcome to MFT!

fishfiend

Small Fish
Feb 15, 2006
meh..... i am sad now..... 2 ppl already says my fish have dropsy.... meh its gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!! meh T.T but dus a fish get tired or kinda look sick, or do they just swim around normally.....:( :confused:

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
lol, froggy, I can't believe you actually forgot the word! :D Fishfriend, I am sorry to hear about your angels. Don't give up on them topo quickly some fish pull out of dropsy somehow. Just keep up with really thorough water changes and try to keep them comfortable. Yes, fish look sick. You can tell when a fish is stressed by the way it acts. Look for it's fins to be clamped, acting very lethargic and just sitting on the bottom or swimming to the top of the water gasping for air at the surface.

Sep 8, 2005
What do you feed them? If you are feeding freeze dried bloodworms it could be constpated. Also how big is this tank? And when did you test your water last?
Unfortunately he may also have a bacterial infection that has affected his kidneys. Kanamycin may work if caught early.